Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My. hand. hurts.

Yesterday was the day in which a fat quarter set of this...

became this....

72 - 2.5" x 12.5" strips
144 - 2.5" x 8.5" strips
72 - 2.5" x 4.5" strips
36 - 4.5" x 4.5" squares

I used Allison's measurements for this quilt. I just hope mine turns out half as lovely as hers!

While cutting (and cutting and cutting) all these strips I kept asking myself, WHY didn't I just buy the Jelly Roll??!?! And then I remembered... it's because this way I wind up with all of these wonderful scraps!

Aren't they pretty?

And of course I had to have an audience...

It may be time to make an appointment with the groomer. Poor Annabelle can't see.

I did some shopping yesterday, too! I bought a Charm Pack of each of these...

....which are destined to become baby stacked coin quilts.

I have a friend that recently found out she is pregnant. This is my way of "willing" her to have a little girl. Plus, I am just so in love with that Hushabye fabric!

And because I don't have enough unfinished projects as it is (ha!), I also purchased this Summer Soiree fat quarter set from Pink Chalk Fabric. Not quite sure what I'm going to make, but I'm extemely excited about this one!

So pretty!


Holly said...

Can't wait to see how your "Wonderland" quilt turns out! I found your new blog from the "Cluck, Cluck Sew" list. I started blogging around the same time as you...but you appear to have completed many more projects than I have!

design by suckmylolly.com