Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My. hand. hurts.

Yesterday was the day in which a fat quarter set of this...

became this....

72 - 2.5" x 12.5" strips
144 - 2.5" x 8.5" strips
72 - 2.5" x 4.5" strips
36 - 4.5" x 4.5" squares

I used Allison's measurements for this quilt. I just hope mine turns out half as lovely as hers!

While cutting (and cutting and cutting) all these strips I kept asking myself, WHY didn't I just buy the Jelly Roll??!?! And then I remembered... it's because this way I wind up with all of these wonderful scraps!

Aren't they pretty?


And of course I had to have an audience...

It may be time to make an appointment with the groomer. Poor Annabelle can't see.


I did some shopping yesterday, too! I bought a Charm Pack of each of these...

....which are destined to become baby stacked coin quilts.

I have a friend that recently found out she is pregnant. This is my way of "willing" her to have a little girl. Plus, I am just so in love with that Hushabye fabric!

And because I don't have enough unfinished projects as it is (ha!), I also purchased this Summer Soiree fat quarter set from Pink Chalk Fabric. Not quite sure what I'm going to make, but I'm extemely excited about this one!

So pretty!


1 comments:

Holly said...

Can't wait to see how your "Wonderland" quilt turns out! I found your new blog from the "Cluck, Cluck Sew" list. I started blogging around the same time as you...but you appear to have completed many more projects than I have!

 
design by suckmylolly.com