Friday, July 17, 2009

My first wearable item!

There should be a rule that you can't live or work anywhere within a fifteen mile radius of a craft store. That way you aren't tempted to go there on your lunch break and wonder aimlessly for an hour, picking out items that you don't really need but simply can't resist because it's cute/onsale/your lunch hour and you have nothing better to do!

I picked up this pattern for a steal at Joann a little while back.


(Simplicity 3835)

Simple, versatile, and cheap. Just how I like it. I fell in love with this weird bark-looking fabric and voila! My very first garment.




I am so darn proud of this thing, too. Even though it was probably the easiest thing anybody could ever make. I'm currently working on another shirt using the 3/4 sleeve with the tie. And I have plans to make one of the dresses with the same bark fabric. Overkill? I don't care. I just love it! This could very easily become an addiction.

Somebody got woken up from their nap and is not happy about it.





0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com